Thank you for choosing Machine Link™!
You can evaluate this product FREE for 45 days.
Getting started with Machine Link™
Installing Machine Link™
- Run the downloaded Machine Link™ installer ‐ it will quickly install on all versions of Windows from Windows XP up
Have an older version of Windows? We have an installer for that! Contact us for details.
Note: Until registered, Machine Link™ needs to run with Administrative Privileges
Configuring your first CNC Machine
- Run Machine Link™
- Click [SETUP CONTROL] and then [ADD CONTROL]
- Enter the name of your machine and click [SAVE]
- Enter configuration information for the machine (COM port, baud rate, data bits, stop bits, parity, etc.)
If you are unsure of the machine settings, start with the default value(s)
- Click [SAVE] and then [EXIT]
Pro Tip: Machine Link™ has built-in help - turn it on by clicking [Help], [Show Context Help] from the top menu bar.
Receiving from your first CNC Machine
Important: It is recommended to successfully receive
a file from the CNC machine tool before attempting to send a file to the CNC machine. Receiving a file will validate that the CNC
machine's COM port and the computer's COM port are both operational and that the cable is, for the most part, configured correctly.
- Select the machine tool name you entered from the [Configured Machine Controls] list
- Click [RECEIVE] and then punch/output the file from the machine tool control.
Machine Link™ will continue to wait until activity is seen on the COM port. When data is seen,
Machine Link™ will begin to flash, indicating that data is being received
- If Machine Link™ does not flash, insert a null modem adaptor and resend the file
- If Machine Link™ flashes, but the file is garbled, adjust the communication parameters
Still having problems? Give us a call at (800) 838-3479. We are here and happy to help!
Sending to your first CNC Machine
- Once you have successfully received a file with Machine Link™, prepare the CNC machine tool control to receive a file
- Click [SEND] ‐ the contents of the Machine Link™ editor will be transferred to the CNC machine